Let’s face it, going to the gym can often be a struggle; especially if you’re not used to it. Your mind starts playing tricks on you and somehow, you come up with extremely valid reasons in your mind as to why it wouldn’t be such a good idea to go to the gym today. Don’t be ashamed. We’ve all been there at some point during our weight loss mission.
So we’re here to point out 15 of the worst reasons as to why you shouldn’t work out today. Please note, these excuses are lame and shouldn’t be one of the reasons why you AWOL.
- “It’s raining and the roads are wet so I probably shouldn’t risk driving all the way to the gym on a little bit of wetness in case of something happening.”
- “I can’t work out before work because then I’ll be too tired when I get to actual work; making my day seem a lot longer.”
- “I’m too tired to go to the gym when I get home after working all day.”
- “It’s Monday, so the gym will be extremely busy. I don’t want to risk standing around waiting for a machine to open up.”
- “I don’t want to seem like I’m only going to the gym to fulfil my New Year’s Resolutions.”
- “The person I usually train with is sick so I don’t want to go to the gym alone.”
- “I forgot to wash my gym clothes so I don’t have anything to work out in, unfortunately. Oops!”
Related: Cardio Quiz: True Or False Fun Facts
- “I worked out yesterday so I don’t think I should be working out again today. I don’t want to overdo it.”
- “I’m having a horrible hair day. It’s best if I don’t go anywhere I don’t necessarily HAVE to go.”
- “Those extra ten steps at work should’ve done it. This means I don’t really have to go to the gym when I walked more than I usually did today.”
- “I haven’t had anything to eat yet. It won’t be a good idea to eat lunch now and then go to the gym.”
- “I just had something to eat. I should probably wait a few hours before taking part in any rigorous activity. Then again, by that time I won’t have any time left to go to the gym.”
- “I’m low on protein. Let me go to the store first, probably tomorrow, to get some before working out.”
- “I don’t have time today.”
- “I deserve not to work out today.”
One of the best weight loss tips we can possibly offer is to actually go to the gym. Excuses won’t get you anywhere, especially if that’s all you’re packing. So in order to make the most out of your time at the gym, why not implement the most effective upper body gym workout by joining a reputable boxing gym in Pretoria.